We can not wait to get back on the water this season with your rowers. The following pages will walk you through the steps that are necessary to register your rower and to ensure that they will have a successful season with OARS! The information below will help prepare you with all the documentation you will need in order to complete the registration. Please read this whole page carefully as your rower's ability to attend practice will depend on compliance with the forms below.
As part of this registration, you will need to upload the following documents. Please have them scanned and ready to upload as either PDF or JPG images.
- Sports Physical - A link to an acceptable sports physical form is listed down below. Your physician may provide a different form that may also be acceptable. All rowers must have an active (they remain active for 1 year from physician's signature) sports physical on file in order to practice. Whichever form is used, it must have the physician's permission to participate in physical activity with signature . If last year's physical is still active, you still need to upload that form. If you no longer have a physical or digital copy of that form you must make arrangements with your rower's physician to obtain a copy.
- ECG - An ECG is not required for the middle school program but if you decide to get one, "Who We Play For" is holding a number of low cost screenings in the area. Once you turn in an ECG with Normal or Low Risk results, you do not have to submit again as long as you are at OARS.
- New Code of Conduct - OARS is adopting a new code of conduct which can be found linked below. Please print and have your rower read and sign, as indication of their willingness to abide by this new code of conduct. Your signature will also be required as indication that you understand what expectations we have for your rower's conduct while participating in OARS related activities. Scan and have ready to upload during the registration.
- New Attendance Contract - OARS is also adopting a new attendance policy which is linked below. Please print and have your rower read and sign as indication of their willingness to adhere to the policy. Your signature will also be required as indication that you understand the policy and will make every effort to encourage them to attend.
- 2022 FSRA Waiver - The below linked waiver must be signed in order for your rower to participate in any Florida Scholastic Rowing Association sanctioned regattas this fall. You will need to sign another for the 2023 Spring race season when it becomes available.****UPDATE**** We were recently made aware that the FSRA site is currently down while they transition to the new season. As of right now, please skip this step. We will let everyone know when it is back online.
- USRowing Membership and Waiver - New rowers who have never completed membership to USRowing must create a membership by following the below link. There is a small fee for administrative costs, but the basic membership is all your rower needs.
Returning Members, please make sure your rower's membership is up to date and if you would like, you can turn on automatic renewal so that all you need to do is go in and sign the waiver every year.
If you have trouble uploading the documents here in this registration, please email copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or ACH Bank Account information available.